[FFmpeg-user] FFMPEG initial analysing delay

Gavin Kinsey gkinsey at ad-holdings.co.uk
Wed Sep 7 14:40:42 CEST 2011

On Tuesday 06 September 2011 10:39:47 Sambhav wrote:

> ffmpeg -analyzeduration 0 -i vpipe  -analyzeduration 0  -i apipe  -vcodec
> copy -acodec copy  output.3gp
>
> It is taking around 2-3 seconds for the audio input(apipe) to be analysed
> after which it prints the input properties and then the actual packing
> into the container starts.
> When  "-analyzeduration 0 " is given, it almost takes 10sec to analyse
> the input.
>
> Is this the expected behaviour, or am I missing any parameter for it to
> start analyzing input without the initial huge delay ?

-probesize

--
Gavin Kinsey
AD Holdings Plc

Closed IPTV, the new safe and secure deterministic IP Video solution from Dedicated Micros, is now shipping through selected distributors.
- Come and see this award winning plug and play, IP Video innovation at one of our Roadshows around the UK visit: https://www.dedicatedmicros.com/europe/ClosedIPTVRoadshow2011
- Contact our Customer Services Team for more information regarding how to enter the world of safe and secure hybrid IP and analogue video surveillance systems.