[FFmpeg-user] Please help can't configure ffmpeg with libfreetype

Stefano Sabatini stefano.sabatini-lala at poste.it
Sat Sep 10 01:05:49 CEST 2011

On date Friday 2011-09-09 17:55:29 +0530, anup yadav encoded:
> Hi there,
>             I was trying to enable libfree type with ffmpeg so i installed
> freetype also but when i configure ffmpeg with '--enable-libfreetype' It
> gives me an following error:
>

> Package freetyp2 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
> Parhaps you should add the directory containing 'freetype2.pc'
> No package 'freetype2' found
> ERROR: libfreetype not found
>
> If you think configure made a mistake, make sure you are using the latest
> version from Git. If the latest version fails, report the problem to the
> ffmpeg-user at ffmpeg.org mailing list or IRC #ffmpeg on irc.freenode.net.
> Include the log file "config.log" produced by configure as this will help
> solving the problem.
>
> Please help!

If you're on a distro, make sure that the freetype-dev/-devel package
is installed on your system. On my debian the package is called
libfreetype6-dev.

In the devel package you should also find a file:
/usr/lib/pkgconfig/freetype2.pc

which contains the metadata required for letting other libraries to
compile against the library, and in particular is required by the
FFmpeg build system.
--
ffmpeg-user random tip #1
The -b (bitrate) and -ab (audio bitrate) ffmpeg options take as argument a