[FFmpeg-user] DirectShow - Unrecognized option 'list_options'

Roger Pack rogerdpack2 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 07:57:37 CEST 2011

> I'm playing with the new DirectShow input device support and when I
> query the supported options (following the man page example), ffmpeg
> prints this
>
> ffmpeg -list_options true -f dshow -i video="Lenovo EasyCamera"
>
> ffmpeg version N-32611-gd55b06b, Copyright (c) 2000-2011 the FFmpeg developers
>  built on Sep 15 2011 00:23:27 with gcc 4.6.1
> Unrecognized option 'list_options'
> Failed to set value 'true' for option 'list_options'

The commits to support that were only added recently (sep. 16 or so)
so you'll either have to wait for a new build or build it yourself
locally from git.  Or I "think" I published a build that included
those here:
http://groups.google.com/group/roger-projects/browse_thread/thread/f4bf40f1e1d875dd
http://groups.google.com/group/roger-projects/attach/52e1201b1b65017d/ffmpeg-dshow-params-4.7z?part=2
that Ramiro had sent me, so it is a "one off" build for prototyping
the dshow stuff but might give you a head start until another build is
ready.

Cheers!
-r