[FFmpeg-user] -t 5 doesn't seem to work with certain live streams

Roger Pack rogerdpack2 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 00:42:47 CEST 2011

> Hi
> Try putting -t 1 in a different place.
> Like this:-
> $ ffmpeg.exe -y -i http://127.0.0.1:8081/go.mp3" -t 1 C:/Users/packrd/AppData/Local/Temp/wav.2220.32829.wav"

That's a great idea.  In this instance it didn't help though.
However, if I instructed VLC to stream with a "raw" mux instead of the
"ogg" mux then it suddenly works just peachy, recording exactly 2
seconds worth.

Other symptoms of this odd problem:
The first time I attempt to record from the stream, I have to use -t
1, which captures about 10 seconds worth.
The next time I attempt to record from the stream, I have to use *at
least* -t 10, to capture anything at all.  Which does capture say 11
seconds worth.

Weird.  Current suspect is VLC's ogg mux (I know it's not sending any
PTS timestamps through), but I don't know for certain what the culprit
is, and now have a work around :)
Thanks!
-roger-