[FFmpeg-user] How to identify a video is 3D

Kirill Gavrilov gavr.mail at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 09:58:44 CEST 2011

Hi,

On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 10:26 PM, Jai Kumar <jai.kumar at memeo-inc.com> wrote:

> if file is 3D, then convert to 2D

So you should know what kind of 3D files and formats you support?

Currently I know only about stereo tags in MKV
container<http://matroska.org/technical/specs/notes.html>
.
This parameter is output as metadata in FFmpeg, however I don't remember is
it in LibAV fork or not. Also metadata tags syntax may be changed since I
last used it...
  AVStream* theStream;
  AVFormatContext* theFormatCtx;
  AVMetadataTag* aTag = av_metadata_get(theStream->metadata, "STEREO_MODE",
NULL, 0);
  if(aTag == NULL) {
      aTag = av_metadata_get(theFormatCtx->metadata, "STEREO_MODE", NULL,
0);
  }

Flags could be mono, right_left, left_right, bottom_top, top_bottom,
row_interleaved_rl, row_interleaved_lr, col_interleaved_rl,
col_interleaved_lr, block_lr, block_rl, anaglyph_cyan_red,
anaglyph_green_magenta.