[FFmpeg-user] h264 frame rate detection

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Thu Apr 12 09:31:16 CEST 2012

Jan Pohanka <xhpohanka <at> gmail.com> writes:

> ffmpeg -i test.264 -c:v copy -y test.mkv
> the resulting file is played on the 2.5 fps in all players,
> which I have.

Can you confirm that this is also true for ffplay and that
ffmpeg -i test.mkv out.avi produces an incorrectly playing file?

> Forcing frame rate with -r parameter as described in
> documentation has no effect.

Where is this described?

> Could please someone give me some advice how to solve this issue?

Please test current git head, this is usually the only supported
version (if you are a user and not a distributor), if the
problem is still reproducible, consider opening a ticket on trac.

Please understand that the result of
ffmpeg -i test.mkv out.avi is the primary indication for the bug.

Carl Eugen