[FFmpeg-user] A/V sync problems with h264/aac video fragment

Andy Sheen sheen.andy at googlemail.com
Mon Apr 16 16:47:10 CEST 2012

Konrad Karl wrote on Mon 16 Apr at 15:32 UK time

> the sample file).... grrr.. I yet have to learn and try to understand the
> x264 options and how they affect the amount of work for the decoder.

If you want to make something playable by almost any hardware that does
H.264 acceleration, you should limit yourself to BluRay profile which is
H.264 High Profile/Level 4.1. The Taj scene is High Profile/Level 4.2
which is why there are problems.

You will have to lose the full 1080p50 though  - level 4.1 only allows
1080p24.

> Is there someting like a H264 disassembler available?

MediaInfo is a good help here.

> The elephant scene has not that much movement detail and I really
> want to know what exactly is generating so much work at the decoder.

The encoding profile.

Andy