[FFmpeg-user] A/V sync problems with h264/aac video fragment

Konrad Karl kk_konrad at gmx.at
Mon Apr 16 19:12:40 CEST 2012

On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 05:45:52PM +0100, Tom Evans wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 5:33 PM, Konrad Karl <kk_konrad at gmx.at> wrote:
> You might want to just try re-encoding and using this maximum bitrate
> as a guide. The sample you asked me to test had a bitrate of 61 Mbps,
> it could well be that the WD TV Live can play High at L4.2 just fine, but
> not at such high bitrates.

For the original clip where the sample has been cut with ffmpeg -c copy
mediainfo says 22.8 Mb/s (nominal 25). I have no idea where the 61
Mbps are coming from....

In prev posting I mentioned that I have tried two pass encode @ 25 Mbps
and this plays fine on WDTV but GeForce 450 VDPAU is too slow at
a few scenes (the elephant now plays fine though).

Greetings,
Konrad