[FFmpeg-user] Compiling 0.10.2 under FreeBSD 9

Forrest Aldrich forrie at gmail.com
Sat Apr 28 00:36:22 CEST 2012

The ports collection in FreeBSD has an outdated version of FFMPEG, and the
port appears to have been abandoned.   We require the current version.

I have all of the dependencies installed, however the basic ./configure
process is not locating the dependencies correctly.  The first error is
libfaac, which is clearly installed under /usr/local/lib.   I tried adding
--extra-ldflags, but that's not going to help here.   I also made sure
ldconfig was re-run for /usr/local/lib.

I noticed the FreeBSD ports has a couple of minor patches, but I don't
think they're really going to affect the current version.

In any case, can someone lend a hand at fixing this problem with configure.
  I hope that's the only problem I run into :-)

Thanks,

Forrest