[FFmpeg-user] obtaining an image from a video stream

LsBender mlefe74 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 11:21:01 CEST 2012

Michael Bradshaw wrote

> What have you tried? Simply googling "ffmpeg save frame" gave this page:
> http://muzso.hu/2008/12/28/extracting-thumbnails-still-images-frames-from-a-video-with-ffmpeg

Thanks Michael this link solved the first part of my problem.
Effectively I would like to do the same thing but with video stream.

Rhodri James wrote

> I'll take a wild stab in the dark and suggest that it's an RTP stream
> containing H.264.  Can you watch the camera stream using "mplayer
> rtsp://<some-ip-address>/<some-name>" ?

Yes exactly.
Sorry that I haven't pointing this out earlier.
I can watch the camera stream using ""mplayer
rtsp://<my-ip-address>/stream1"

Rhodri James wrote

> I'll take your word for it, but personally I think that this will be a
> slower and less reliable test than just watching the stream for a few
> seconds.

You're right. But I want to try it, to be sure
Is it possible to have the reference frame for each camera?

Thanks
Marc