[FFmpeg-user] Encoding x264 hangs in a high turn over pipeline

Luke Niejadlik luke at audiomotion.com
Mon Aug 6 12:53:01 CEST 2012

Hello,
No - I use almost exactly the same command as before. I also managed to go
back to using AAC. There are occasional hangs - but much less frequent.
Say, once or twice per week, however such fallout is not an issue to us.
Here's the current command:

ffmpeg.exe -i #in# -f mp4 -vcodec libx264 -pix_fmt yuv420p -s 1024x576 -b:v
2000k -g 33 -acodec libvo_aacenc -b:a 128k -ar 44100 -vf "movie=#logo#
[wm]; [in][wm] overlay=10:main_h-overlay_h-10 [out]" -y -loglevel panic
#out.mp4#

I'm planning to do some testing today and tomorrow, so hopefully I'll be
able to give you some more info.

Cheers,
Luke