[FFmpeg-user] Resuming broken capture of mpeg-ts stream, or capture from certain position?

JustPassing pouvoirsdumale-ffmpeg at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 7 02:43:25 CEST 2012

Hello,

I'm trying to capture the mpeg-ts streams of the olympics on NBC's site
using ffmpeg.  It works pretty well but is slow, and after a few hours, the
stream link becomes invalid, cutting off capture.  I need to either find a
way to resume the download (the stream will probably have a different link)
or to start capturing from where it got cut off.

I've tried using the command ‘-ss position (input/output)’ before the -i and
putting the position to where it left off but it just leaves the command
prompt waiting.  I'm thinking it's either streaming the beginning but not
recording or something else is the problem.

The NBC Olympics site uses Youtube videos and the link to the actual stream
(a .m3u8 file) seems to change after a while.  Unfortunately, this happens
before I can finish capturing a stream.

Any help would be greatly, greatly appreciated!!  I am so desperate to
capture these olympics before the videos are taken down!!

Thanks!