[FFmpeg-user] segfault in ffmpeg when including yadif in chain

Nicolas George nicolas.george at normalesup.org
Tue Aug 7 15:09:48 CEST 2012

Le primidi 21 thermidor, an CCXX, Misha Penkov a écrit :
> I ran a ffmpeg_g, but it did not output anything.  Is there anything
> else I have to do to get a dump?

To get a backtrace, you need to use debugging tools, such as valgrind or
gdb; ffmpeg_g is just a version of ffmpeg where the debugs symbols are still
present, making the file larger but the backtrace much more accurate.

To see how to produce the backtraces, check out:
http://ffmpeg.org/bugreports.html

> This is the link to the first 3 seconds of the video:
> https://dl.dropbox.com/u/15815235/1440x1080i.avi

Got it, but I can not reproduce the segfault, even with valgrind. Are you
sure it happens with the file you uploaded too?

If so, please describe your build environment exactly.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George