[FFmpeg-user] Still Image tifs to video (part 2)

Eric Hollis eric.hollis at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 20:47:41 CEST 2012

Hello,

I posted a question yesterday and got some good feedback.  Thanks for the
help.

I have a series of 16,000 or so .tif images that I want to assemble into a
video. I want the video to be of the highest quality possible, with no
compression. I want to load the completed video into a video editing
program, like Windows Movie Maker 2.6 (I'm just going to make cuts).

Based on the advice I received yesterday, I used image magick's "mogrify"
command to convert all of the images to 836x650 pixels.

command line "mogrify -resize 836x650! *.tif" worked perfectly.

Now I have 16,000 images all the same size.  I want to creat an avi file
that can be edited in Windows Movie Maker that preserves all of the quality
in the images. File size is unimportant.

I tried "ffmpeg -r 16 -b 3600 -i dw1%06d.tif dw1.avi", but am unhappy with
the results.

Any suggestions? Thanks for the assistance.

Sincerely,
Eric Hollis