[FFmpeg-user] Still Image tifs to video (part 2)

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Sat Aug 11 00:04:33 CEST 2012

Eric Hollis <eric.hollis <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Based on the advice I received yesterday, I used
> image magick's "mogrify" command to convert all
> of the images to 836x650 pixels.

Why don't you use ffmpeg to do the resizing?

> command line "mogrify -resize 836x650! *.tif"
> worked perfectly.
>
> Now I have 16,000 images all the same size.
> I want to creat an avi file that can be edited in
> Windows Movie Maker that preserves all of the
> quality in the images. File size is unimportant.

I don't think Windows Movie Maker allows an
uncompressed format as input, and I don't
think -b makes sense for above restriction.

> I tried "ffmpeg -r 16 -b 3600 -i dw1%06d.tif dw1.avi",
> but am unhappy with the results.

While I don't think -b makes any sense for tif, please
elaborate what makes you unhappy and provide complete,
uncut console output.

Carl Eugen