[FFmpeg-user] Longer output video duration

agowad at gmail.com agowad at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 23:14:51 CEST 2012

Hello

I am converting a video from different formats to flv and mp4. In both cases I face many cases where duration of generated video is longer (never shorter). The difference is quite considerable for me (1-2s for 90s input).

Command example:
ffmpeg.exe -i "Dolphins_720.wmv" -ar 44100 "Dolphins_7202_TMP.flv"

When I lower the bitrate then the difference shrinks, however, never beneath 1s (for 90s input). Unfortunately that is not acceptable for me. Do you know how can I "force" the ffmpeg.exe to maintain the same duration?

Regards
Dawid

I have created a defect for this problem, where you can find more input (check out the comments also).
#1621: https://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg/ticket/1621