[FFmpeg-user] wmv3 black video

Pierig Le Saux pierig56 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 16 16:07:10 CEST 2012

Hello Roger,

> How do you ascertain "black"? What is your command line output when
> you play it in ffplay?

I don't compile ffplay on my encoding servers so I can't say. I used winscp to copy the file over to my desktop and opened it in VLC 1.1.8.

This morning I received another sample with the same behaviour, and this time I can make the file publicly available.
I wasn't able to upload to your ftp server, so it is available here: http://video.linuxdataflow.org/wmv3_sample.wmv and http://video.linuxdataflow.org/wmv3_sample.txt

I am getting more and more of these videos files - I suspect they come from a recent winphone.

In case here are my ./configure options:

./configure --prefix=$INSTALL_DDIR --enable-shared --enable-nonfree \
                --enable-gpl --enable-pthreads  --enable-libopencore-amrnb  --enable-decoder=liba52 \
                --enable-libopencore-amrwb  --enable-libfaac  --enable-libmp3lame \
                --enable-libtheora --enable-libvorbis  --enable-libx264  --enable-libxvid \
                --extra-cflags=-I/opt/encoder-`date +%Y%m%d`/include/ --extra-ldflags=-L/opt/encoder-`date +%Y%m%d`/lib \
                 --enable-version3 --enable-pic

Regards