[FFmpeg-user] upload.ffmpeg.org down?

Robert Krüger krueger at lesspain.de
Mon Aug 20 15:14:38 CEST 2012

On Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 2:22 PM, Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at> wrote:
> Robert Krüger <krueger <at> lesspain.de> writes:
>
>> > It should be easy to cut your sample.
>>
>> Do you have a recommendation to do that
>
> dd if=sample-file of=small-sample-file bs=1024 count=50000
> (Mostly copied from bugreports.html)
it will break the file as the moov atom is the last atom in this case
(I checked)

> I still think it goes without saying that you will have to
> test the result of above command to find out if it still
> works or not (if the input file is mov there is a high
> chance that the command breaks the file). If it does not
> work, try the following before cutting the sample:
> $ make tools/qt-faststart
> $ tools/qt-faststart input output
ah, of course, didn't think of that option. thanks!

> [...]
>
>> > Do you want to upload an additional sample for
>> > ticket #524?
>>
>> Other than that the file is also AVC-Intra in mov
>> it is different in several aspects
>
> Then please provide the sample!
>
> It really doesn't matter if you report the problem
> here or on trac (trac is slightly preferred), neither
> does it matter where you upload the sample, I even
> accept megashit (although most developers do not).
>
> I know that it makes things more difficult that our
> upload server is currently not working, there is
> nothing we can do about it atm.

OK, then I guess it makes most sense to upload the whole file so you
have an original unmodified file from that camera and you can decide
for yourself whether you want to cut it. I'll upload it later today
and submit the bug report.