[FFmpeg-user] flv encoder ignores the bit rate?

Makc makc.the.great at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 23:41:06 CEST 2012

On Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 10:21 PM, James Darnley <james.darnley at gmail.com> wrote:
> Now for the question, why do you want 100M?

I need to process the video in flash runtime based tool, locally, so I
prefer quality over size. However, even at these insane rates I get
shitty output (compared to source video) Google comes up with
anecdotal evidence to support codec limitation theory: "We spend days
running tests. I'm pretty sure that is a point with both those codecs
where increasing the bitrate doesn't make a difference to visual
quality" http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/190/857637

Flash runtime also understands f4v video, but when I do ffmpeg -i
my.mov -sameq -g 1 out.mp4 it does not seem to respect "g 1" setting,
and that breaks seeking :(