[FFmpeg-user] flv encoder ignores the bit rate?

Makc makc.the.great at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 11:35:18 CEST 2012

> Do you get "high quality" flv with crf 0?

As I said, it does not make a difference. Here are original and
resulting frames compared, from
./ffmpeg -i ScreenFlow.mov -f flv -b:v 100000k -minrate 90000k -crf 0
-qmin 1 -qmax 1 -g 1 ~/Documents/output.flv

As you see (if this ML allows attachments) there is some kind of bevel
around high colored features (red and green), even at 40Mbit rate.
There seems to be nothing I could do to make this codec work better :(

BTW, it says it does encode in 'yuv420p' format - maybe that does not
allocate same bits for Y and UV?