[FFmpeg-user] Problems dumping H264 stream from Axis camera

paulj at fastmail.es paulj at fastmail.es
Sat Aug 25 19:50:28 CEST 2012

>  <paulj <at> fastmail.es> writes:
>
> > However, yesterday I downloaded the newest git source
> > and compiled it, and with the new binary I get this error:
>
> Can you use a tool to dump the stream from the camera to a
> file and try the same command with the file as input?
> The reason I ask is that if you can provide a file, it is
> not difficult to find the version introducing the problem
> and eventually it will get fixed, without a file you will
> have to use git bisect yourself...

	Okay, in the end I had to do exactly that, and I managed to locate the bug between
versions N-43194-gb288b4c (good) and N-43196-g3e1cf49 (bad). What I get after the last
"git bisect bad" is the following message:

	Bisecting: 0 revisions left to test after this (roughly 0 steps)
	[2107009e7d351ff83a87fda161cc5269d2752428] lavf: move nb_decoded_frames out
of info.

	Disclaimer: I know very little about C programming, much less about build tools, and
today is the first time in my life that I had to use git for anything else than clone repositories,
so I'm not sure what all this means. All I can tell you is that version  N-43194-gb288b4c
works with my problem, while  N-43196-g3e1cf49 starts introducing the bug I mentioned.

                                  Paulo.

"Oh, don't worry kids. Most of you will
never fall in love. You'll just marry
for fear of dying alone."