[FFmpeg-user] Need code to convert MP4 to DivX AVI

almagalhaes andreluizmbm at bol.com.br
Sat Aug 25 06:40:23 CEST 2012

. wrote

> On 08/24/2012 03:52 PM, Roger Pack wrote:
>>> $ ffmpeg -i input -vcodec libxvid yo.avi
>>>

>>> The following error message occurs-
>>>
>>> Unknown encoder 'libxvid'
>>>
>>> How do I get libxvid?
>> Assuming you're on linux, you need to install it from source, or
>> install a package like "XXX-devel" or the, then reconfigure and
>> recompile ffmpeg.
>
> Is it really that difficult?  I would have no idea how to do it.

You may need to  http://ffmpeg.org/download.html download  or
http://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg/wiki/CompilationGuide compile  ffmpeg with
libxvid and libmp3lame.

Then, try this :

$ ffmpeg -i INPUT -f avi -vcodec libxvid -qscale 5 -g 300 -vtag divx -acodec
libmp3lame -ab 128k -ar 44100 OUTPUT.avi

And see if it works.

Maybe you'll need to change other settings like the frame size, rate, ...