[FFmpeg-user] ffmpeg -f fbdev doesn't work with some fb drivers

Stefano Sabatini stefasab at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 17:56:00 CEST 2012

On date Monday 2012-08-27 19:14:58 +0000, Xeslaro encoded:
>   i have a computer with video card ATI Radeon 9200, i've installed
>   linux-3.2.6 on it and the radeonfb module could be loaded
>   successfully, i could use mplayer -vo fbdev to watch movies, it
>   works really well.
>
>   however, when i wanna grab something using ffmpeg -f fbdev -i
>   /dev/fb0, ffmpeg just complains that the pixel format couldn't be
>   recognized.
>
>   i used the exactly the ffmpeg binary running on anther computer
>   with intel 945gm integrated graphics card, and ffmpeg -f fbdev -i
>   /dev/fb0 just worked fine.
>

>   are there some limitations in ffmpeg with framebuffer device?
>   anyway to solve that problem? thanks.

I implemented only the formats which I could test. Can you debug the
device and test the information passed to
get_pixfmt_from_fb_varinfo()? It should be rather easy to add an entry
to the rgb_pixfmt_map array in fbdev.c.

--
ffmpeg-user random tip #6
Please follow netiquette rules while posting to ffmpeg-user: