[FFmpeg-user] astreamsync freezes?

Nicolas George nicolas.george at normalesup.org
Thu Aug 30 08:25:57 CEST 2012

Le tridi 13 fructidor, an CCXX, Roger Pack a écrit :
> I presume the following "shouldn't freeze forever" [it appears to...]
>
> $ ffmpeg -i mono.wav -i mono.wav -filter_complex "astreamsync" -y output.wav

astreamsync does not handle EOF at all, that result is not entirely
surprising. I will look into it sometime.

Still, astreamsync is a tool to test that other filters behave correctly
when frames arrive on the wrong input: do you have a practical case where it
would be useful for a normal user?

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George