[FFmpeg-user] Unable to install ffmpeg on Solaris 10

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Mon Dec 3 13:15:51 CET 2012

Prince Gupta <Prince.Gupta <at> hcl.com> writes:

> I have changed the path in configure file to /usr/xpg4/bin/grep

Don't do that, fix your PATH before running configure.

> I also got succeeded to compile the ffmpeg

You succeeded with configure or compile?

> using following :
>
> ./configure --disable-yasm --extra-libs=/usr/lib/values-xpg6.o

> --enable-cross-compile --arch=x86_64 --target-os=sunos

Do you know what "--enable-cross-compile" does?
Are you sure that this is what you want?

> --extra-cflags="-fPIC" --disable-mmx --disable-protocol=udp

> --disable-encoder=nellymoser --disable-demuxer=mpc8

(Why?)

Do you have gcc installed?
Do not try to compile FFmpeg with sun-cc, even if it
works, the resulting executable is either ridiculously
slow or completely broken.

Compilation with gcc on sunos is tested regularly and
expected to work.

Please do not top-post here, Carl Eugen