[FFmpeg-user] -f mpegts not working

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Fri Dec 7 09:11:44 CET 2012

Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos <at> ag.or.at> writes:

> Andrew Sinclair <ajsinclair <at> gmail.com> writes:
>
> > ffmpeg -i out_gop12.ts -vcodec libx264 -flags:loop
> > -f mpegts udp://224.0.0.1:5000

> I agree that the error message is not optimal

To elaborate:
FFmpeg found the option "flags:loop" in your command line
with the argument "-f". After opening the muxer, it will
send the option and the argument to the muxer.
But first, it has to decide which muxer to use, so it
tries to auto-detect which format you want by parsing
the output file name "mpegts" but fails.

So it appears to me the error message is correct.

Carl Eugen