[FFmpeg-user] how to change the framerate for an MTS file recorded by the Panasonic TM-700 in 60p?

Christian von Kutzleben christian.von.kutzleben at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 18:04:31 CET 2012

Hi,

I have 60p MTS files in 1920x1080 from the Panasonic TM-700 (actually
recorded 59.94p, progressive, but apparently stored interlaced in the
container, VLC player shows 119,88 frames) .

I would like to convert them to 29.97p (by "dropping" every second full
frame), or, if this is not easily achievable, to 29.97i
(by "dropping" alternating half frames of each progressive frame, like the
camera does if not recording in the 60p mode).

Can this be achieved with ffmpeg and what options do I need to use?

Thank you!

Christian