[FFmpeg-user] RTSP stream: long delay to start video

Dâniel Fraga fragabr at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 04:51:36 CET 2012

On Tue, 18 Dec 2012 12:18:33 -0700
Roger Pack <rogerdpack2 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Do you have more information about it, like which commit introduced
> the latency? (or you could discover it youself using git bisect...)

	I don't know exactly what commit introduced this problem, but
for example, you can be sure that with commit 18884f1 it works.

	So something has changed between 18884f1 and the latest one.

	Do you have some suggestions about what commits should I test?

	Ps: there's a previous thread with Carl, where he helped me to
define which commit caused another problem (static image with rtsp
stream. In other words, the stream would never start):

http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/ffmpeg-user/2012-October/010707.html

	Now the problem was solved, but I still have a 10 second delay
in the beggining which didn't occur with commit 18884f1.

	So, something after commit 18884f1 broke it (but if you follow
the thread above, you will notice that there was a fix by Marton
Balint, although it introduced this 10 second delay before the stream
started.

--
Linux 3.7.0: Terrified Chipmunk
http://www.youtube.com/DanielFragaBR