[FFmpeg-user] Error with libspeex shared library

Leo Papadopoulos leo at telecomcto.com
Wed Dec 19 20:22:05 CET 2012

Dear Group:

I just compiled ffmeg by following the instructions here to compile for
CentOS:
http://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg/wiki/CentosCompilationGuide

I also added the speex library by downloading and compiling
speex-1.2rc1.tar.gz.

I added the --enable-libspeex flag when I compiled ffmeg.

HOWEVER, I get this error when I run ffmpeg --help.
ffmpeg: error while loading shared libraries: libspeex.so.1: cannot open

However, the library is on my server at /usr/local/lib.

Please let me know if you can help.

Leo P.