[FFmpeg-user] Problem with running configure while installing ffmpeg

Leo Papadopoulos leo at telecomcto.com
Thu Dec 20 22:59:30 CET 2012

James:

I just spent all of yesterday getting this to compile on CentOS. I am not a
Linux expert by any means, but these links really helped me:
http://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg/wiki/CompilationGuide. The instructions talk
about yasm as well.

Also if you need SPEEX support you will need to download,configure, make,
make install this first.
http://downloads.xiph.org/releases/speex/speex-1.2rc1.tar.gz

Even after I was able to get it all to compile the libspeex was not where
ffmpeg wanted it so I had to manually copy it there. I figured this out by
running ldd ffmpeg to find the missing depencancy after some advice from
this mailing list.

Then when you follow the compile instructions on the link you will need to
add *--enable-libspeex* when you issue the configure command for ffmeg.

I hope this helps.

Leo P.