[FFmpeg-user] iPod conversion fail

. peace at AleksandrSolzhenitsyn.net
Thu Dec 20 23:46:03 CET 2012

On 12/20/2012 05:32 PM, Roger Pack wrote:
> On 12/20/12, . <peace at aleksandrsolzhenitsyn.net> wrote:

>>> Do they play ok with other players?
>> On VLC, Totem, ffplay it plays perfectly with no problems.
>>
>> Is it just the audio or both audio and video that speed up?
>>
>> The video speeds up and the audio mutes.  Typically the problem of
>> "speeding up" manifests itself this way;
>>
>> At around the 18 minute mark or so the video briefly pauses, speeds up
>> really fast and ends.
>>
>> The odd thing is that I've used the same code for quite a few months
>> with no troubles loading and playing them on my iPod.
> Maybe try another iPod?
Not possible- don't have one of know anyone who does.
>  What about QT player?
Do you mean Quick Time player?  That's some apple program isn't
it...part of iTunes?

The good news is I just converted a file to m4v using HandBrake and it
played perfectly on the iPod.

I get stuck on codecs- it's got to be mp4 or nothing at all.  So, when
someone suggests m4v I scratch my head and say, "what's that? Never
heard of it.

Comedy aside....is m4v a common codec/container?

Thanks for the suggestions.