[FFmpeg-user] ffplay and mpeg1video files

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Mon Dec 24 00:03:26 CET 2012

Robert A. Schmied <ras <at> acm.org> writes:

> proceeded to downloaded and build 'angel' on solaris 10 sparc
> with ancient sunpro c 5.8 (from sunpro 11).

Without reading any further, I would have guessed that it
does not actually work. (I used to test sunpro myself but
stopped at some point because there were too many problems.)

> with only some minor tweaks
> to configure and config.mak it built ok;

... one could even argue that if you changed your local
copy of FFmpeg, you cannot get support;-(
(But reporting compilation problems is of course *very*
welcome!)

[...]

> but ffplay will not display it. it (ffplay) reports stats on
> tty but does not open a video window.

But to stop guessing, I suggest you upload the sample so
we can test on a known working platform.

To make absolutely sure, you can run:
$ make SAMPLES=fate fate-rsync
$ make SAMPLES=fate fate
This will show you all codecs for which compilation failed...

Carl Eugen