[FFmpeg-user] Mailing list character sets

Maurice Randall maurice at cmdrkey.com
Thu Feb 2 15:42:07 CET 2012

> no, you are NOT right because it is not your decision nor the one
> of the mailing-list admins to tell people which charset they
> configure and your server setup is simply broken!

I understand this mailing list is world-wide, but shouldn't it be using
a universal character set? After all, aren't all the messages in English?

My server setup is not broken. I agree, it would be broken if the same
setup was used in certain countries and by other people, but it is not
broken for me.

I've made an adjustment so that different character sets used in this
mailing list aren't rejected any longer. But emails from other sources
will be rejected if they do not comply with what my server expects.

Example: If someone were to send a message in Chinese to this list, there
would be many people who would not be able to read it.

No need to make a big fuss over this particular thread. I simply wanted to
point out something that I was wondering about. I've taken care of the
issue at my end and it shouldn't be a problem any longer, at least not
for me.

-Maurice