[FFmpeg-user] pts issues when copying mpeg2video from VOB to QuickTime

Dave Rice daverice at mac.com
Thu Feb 2 18:25:24 CET 2012

Hi,

I'm trying to copy an mpeg2video stream from a VOB file into a QuickTime container. I'm using

ffmpeg -i VTS_01_1.VOB -vcodec copy -an VTS.mov

Here is my full output: http://pastebin.com/De3FbTzR

As the process runs I get many "[mov @ 0x7fa18d005800] pts has no value" messages. Then the resulting QuickTime file has playback issue where the frames are presented out of order making the moving image appear to stutter and jerk. Any advice on getting a proper playback. For this process I need to use QuickTime as my target container. Also I'm using copy because the source mpeg2 contains captioning data that I need to have represented in the output file.

Thanks much,
Dave Rice