[FFmpeg-user] configure error report

Forrest Aldrich forrie at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 00:52:17 CET 2012

I'm working on a process to build ffmpeg from source, using the latest
GIT code.

This is on RHEL 5.7 x86_64:

ERROR: dirac not found

If you think configure made a mistake, make sure you are using the latest
version from Git.  If the latest version fails, report the problem to the
ffmpeg-user at ffmpeg.org mailing list or IRC #ffmpeg on irc.freenode.net.
Include the log file "config.log" produced by configure as this will help
solving the problem.

I brought down the dirac codec and installed it in a standard location:

# ls /usr/lib| grep dirac
libdirac_decoder.a
libdirac_decoder.la
libdirac_decoder.so
libdirac_decoder.so.0
libdirac_decoder.so.0.1.0
libdirac_encoder.a
libdirac_encoder.la
libdirac_encoder.so
libdirac_encoder.so.0
libdirac_encoder.so.0.1.0

The config.log is attached (config.log.txt).

I used an RPM spec file as a template to compile on RHEL5.    This may
not be correct, tho.

Thanks.