[FFmpeg-user] no encoding of VP6 flv files

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Fri Feb 3 14:36:32 CET 2012

Am 03.02.2012 14:31, schrieb Marc Waesche:
> Hello!
>
> I use ffmpeg for merging a video track (flv) and a audio track (mp3) together without new encoding. It runs on a
> debian linux server. For building a new header I use flvtool2. That works perfect with a flv file encoded with
> h.264 as video input but does not work with flv files encoded with VP6. I need this to use alpha channel. Is this a
> bug or is VP6 not provided by ffmpeg? Here is the command line: ffmpeg -i "video.flv" -i "audio.mp3" -vcodec copy
> -acodec copy "video_and_audio.flv"

[harry at srv-rhsoft:~]$ ffmpeg -codecs | grep VP6
 D V D  vp6             On2 VP6
 D V D  vp6a            On2 VP6 (Flash version, with alpha channel)
 D V D  vp6f            On2 VP6 (Flash version)

shows that VP6 is only supported for DECODE, not encode

FLV is supported and per definition another codec that H264or VP6
DEVSD  flv             Flash Video (FLV) / Sorenson Spark / Sorenson H.263