[FFmpeg-user] AVERROR code on avfilter_graph_config

killkenny64 kennethjjgibson at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 22:54:49 CET 2012

When I use:

avfilter_graph_config(filter_graph, NULL)

it fails and returns -22. The documentation states that if it fails it
returns a negative AVERROR code, but I can't find documentation anywhere
that tells me what the code -22 actually means.

I can successfully parse the graph beforehand:

filter_descr = "movie=logo.png [logo];[in][logo]
overlay=10:main_h-overlay_h-10 [out]"
avfilter_graph_parse(filter_graph, filter_descr, &inputs, &outputs, NULL)

but I avfilter_graph_config does not work.

As a side note, it does work if I use
filter_descr = "color=red at 0.2:720x480:10 [color]; [in][color] overlay [out]"

I have made sure that I have enabled the overlay and movie filters when I
compiled FFmpeg.

What does the return value -22 mean? For what reasons will
avfilter_graph_config fail when using that filter_desc?

Cheers,