[FFmpeg-user] [Windows] Running ffmpeg.exe programatically - possible to monitor progress?

John Dexter jdxsolutions at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 12:12:44 CET 2012

If my Win32 app launches ffmpeg.exe with a command-line, does anyone
know if there is a way to monitor the progress and when it has
finished? If the specific operation matters, I am building a video
from a collection of image files.

Requiring users to install something like cygwin is not an option, I
specifically want to know if a "regular Windows" solution exists... if
the only way would be using ports of Linux systems/libs then we'll
skip straight to using the libav* libraries programatically.

I suppose I'm imagining some way of reading back from stdin/std::cin, perhaps.

Thanks,
John.