[FFmpeg-user] Bad keyframes when encoding to the ogg container format

Robert McIntyre rlm at mit.edu
Sat Feb 11 19:15:42 CET 2012

Indeed, I tested the seeking on a longer file.

ffmpeg still reports the keyframes as being bad for the shorter file,
but it is hard to see the seeking problems.

Here is the full image sequence and resultant ogg file I've been working with.
It is just a longer version of the short file that I posted, and was
generated with the same commands.  Everything I've said about the
shorter file applies to this longer file. Sorry for not posting this
earlier. I can post the file generated by my ancient version of ffmpeg
if you want that as well.  Seeking in this file is obviously broken
when I play it with mplayer or ffplay.

images: http://aurellem.org/out.tar.bz2

ogg file: http://aurellem.org/out-new-full.ogg

ffmpeg command:  ffmpeg -r 25 -i out/%07d.png -b:v 9000k -vcodec
libtheora out-new-full.ogg  (same as before)

sincerely,
--Robert McIntyre