[FFmpeg-user] dvbsub problem

Leo fencingleo at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 21:26:05 CET 2012

On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 3:25 AM, Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at> wrote:

> Colin Rosenthal <csr <at> statsbiblioteket.dk> writes:
>
> > > Please provide command line and complete, uncut console output
> > > (and explain - again - what is wrong with the output file).
> >
> > Are email attachments ok or would you prefer the output posted
> > in directly?
>
> We don't want to overburden our users, I found a sample and
> tested myself.
>
> The problem is probably related to ticket #531, -copyinkf does not
> work anymore (and only allowed to copy only subs anyway), feel free
> to add yourself to CC there (or find out how to force keyframes for
> subtitle streams).

Not sure if my problem is at all related to Colin's problem since I don't
know all the details or different kinds of subtitling in dvb, but recently
I found patches that solved my problem.

The patches were originally discussed on the ffmpeg-devel mailing list on
the same day I posted my questions! It was proposed by Tomas Härdin and
included several iteration of patches. But it never got committed and the
ffmpeg.org pipermail deleted the attachments in the message. Took me a bit
of searching and I finally found the two patches that were included in his
discussion.

I will include them here and hopefully this can help with your issue. I
modified the patches so that it would work on my version of the source
0.8.4. You may still need to modify them to get it compiled. I also needed
to modify the Makefile.

Leo