[FFmpeg-user] Recommended x.264 preset for live x.264 encoding

Stas Oskin stas.oskin at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 19:12:48 CET 2012

Hi.

Yes, except using the correct syntax that I had in my email, rather
> than the gobbledegook you had. Eg '-c:v libx264', not '-c:libx264',
> '-profile:v baseline', not '-profile:baseline' etc. See the example
> below again.

Thanks for clarification, I guess it's the new format ffmpeg accepts? As
all previous versions haven't required the v param.

BTW when I encode for iphone/ipad I use a higher level than that, Main at L3.0

I chose this according to planned bit-rate (500 Kbps), but will try this
one as well.