[FFmpeg-user] ffmpeg user list rules

Rhodri James rhodri at kynesim.co.uk
Wed Feb 15 14:57:26 CET 2012

On Wed, 15 Feb 2012 12:41:25 -0000, John Dexter <jdxsolutions at gmail.com>
wrote:

>> Additions? Questions? Comments?
>
> I was told off for using HTML format (on by default in gmail) - is that
> a rule?

HTML email is rarely a good idea -- deleting it is still one of my more
effective spam-traps.

Deleting attributions is a tad impolite as well; I have to go upthread
to find out who you were quoting.  In this case it doesn't matter much,
and trimming the quoted text down to just that line was definitely the
friendly thing to do, but more convoluted conversations can get very
confusing very quickly.

One other suggestion, Lou; attaching files on mailing lists seems to be
a chancy business.  For anything larger than two or three frames of video,
it's probably better (and definitely politer) to put it on a download
site or supply it via FTP.

--
Rhodri James
Kynesim Ltd