[FFmpeg-user] max_analyze_duration 5000000 reached at 5000000

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Fri Feb 17 22:41:01 CET 2012

John Dexter <jdxsolutions <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I feel this must be a really obvious question but after
> searching online I find many mentions but no explanation:
>
> a)what exactly this message means

That 5000000 bytes were used to compute the overall duration,
and this was >= the maximum size for computing the overall
duration, either specified by you or the default (which
is 5000000).

> b)what will happen as a result

The overall duration may be computed incorrectly.

> c)what I'm supposed to do about it

Either ignore it or specify a larger -analyzeduration.

(It is absolutely possible that none of the above applies to
the image2 demuxer, I just gave the general answer.)

Carl Eugen