[FFmpeg-user] Scene detection

Peter B. pb at das-werkstatt.com
Mon Feb 20 11:34:54 CET 2012

Zitat von gxr <geoxry at hotmail.com>:

> Does anybody had any success in compiling shotdetect with the latest ffmpeg
> version.

I'm using a patched, self-compiled shotdetect version for our video
archiving tool. Daily.
However, it's been compiled with FFmpeg v0.5.2 (so far away from recent)

> I have used the patches posted in this
> thread as well as another one found on the net but with no success.

I am not sure which thread you're referring to, as I could only find
your current message in the mailing list archive [1]

I've written and released a patch [2] which makes it possible to
compile to currently available "latest" shotdetect version (1.0.86)
[3]. My patch has already been applied upstream, but the new version
hasn't been released yet.

As I do require shotdetect to build against FFmpeg, I'll have to make
this work anyway - unfortunately, my schedule is quite full, so I
can't tell when I'll find the time to do so.

After applying the patch (1.0.86-1.0.86dva1), could you please post
which compiler errors you're getting?

Yours,
Pb