[FFmpeg-user] Quantify Video Quality

Atish Kathpal atish.kathpal at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 05:20:37 CET 2012

Hello

I have a set of uncompressed videos in YUV format.

I have obtained several derived copies in various formats and resolutions
from these yuv files using FFmpeg transcoding. (YUVs ----> X Derived Copies)

What I have also done is, transcode the yuv's into same resolution AVIs,
and now obtained the same set of derived (transcoded) videos treat the AVIs
as master. (AVIs ----> X Derived Copies)

Now I wish to compare the quality of transcoded videos, when derived from
AVIs to those derived from YUVs.

Is there any way for me to do this using FFmpeg. How? If not, can you
please suggest some good open source software to do this.

Thanks
Atish,