[FFmpeg-user] converting 1080 to 720 mpeg2

John Saturday stozher at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 06:39:46 CET 2012

> I have an awards show recording in two files. One was from a 720 OTA
> broadcast but due to bad weather I had to start recording it from the
> Canadian feed...which was 1080.
>
> So now I've got two mpeg2 files that I'd like to cat together so I can
> then edit the broadcast in MythTV.
>
> What's the best way to convert the 1080 mpeg2 TS file into a 720 mepg2
> one that I can cat together to the other and still have them work in
> Myth?

Hi Ian,

Convert and resize one video (to exactly parameters of other video:
size, frame rate etc.) at output "mpegts" format ("rawvideo" codec)
and concatenate with second mpeg ts raw video, and mux to output
format...

Always big size video converted to small size format is a better then
directly recorded small size video and also better is a resize big
video to small. Don't resize small video to big without necessary
arguments... only if fixed DVD, TV format standards needed.