[FFmpeg-user] ac3 to mp3 converting bug

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Sat Jul 7 12:15:27 CEST 2012

On Fri, Jul 06, 2012 at 06:09:57PM +0200, Ingo Brückl wrote:
> Michael Niedermayer wrote on Thu, 5 Jul 2012 15:43:18 +0200:
>
> > please retry, should be fixed.
>
> It is. Thanks a lot.
>
> Just curious: Will sse assembler code reappear (or was there never
> such code that worked)? I mean, especially old CPUs need all help
> for speed increase they can get.

the "sse" assembler used sse2 instructions with the exception of
1 or 2 functions that are only used in very rare cases.
it should be possible to change the macros so they produce something
that works on SSE cpus this would be slower for them though and be
a bit work.
A patch surely would be welcome.
in absence of a patch i might look into it too but first some fate
client that tests ffmpeg on sse only hardware would be needed

(also see doc/fate.texi about information on how to setup a fate
client)

it is not once nor twice but times without number that the same ideas make
their appearance in the world. -- Aristotle