[FFmpeg-user] Optimal method to capture both metadata and thumbnails for video files

Pavan Kulkarni pavanvkbgm at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 08:15:45 CEST 2012

Hi,
I was wondering if there's an optimal way of using FFMPEG which will
produce both thumbnails and metadata in one go (single invocation of
FFMPEG). Basically I wanted to know if thumbnail generation and metadata
generation are two independent processes or do they share any steps in
common.

Currently I'm using FFMPEG (stand alone) for thumbnails and have cross
compiled metadata (present in example directory of FFMPEG) source code and
used it to generate meta data such as duration, height, width, creation
date/time etc. I wanted to check if I could optimize it in some way..
Many Thanks!