[FFmpeg-user] Zeranoe Windows builds spiking CPU to 100% randomly

Jan Ehrhardt phpdev at ehrhardt.nl
Wed Jul 11 23:06:24 CEST 2012

Roger Pack in gmane.comp.video.ffmpeg.user (Wed, 11 Jul 2012 14:54:21
-0600):
>That commit (if I'm thinking of the right one) set the thread default
>to "0", which means "auto detect" (i.e. use all the cores available)

Sometime, somewhere I read that threads=0 would result in 1.5 times the
number of cores. On a quad core that would mean threads=6. I do not know
if this ever was true and/or if it still is the case.

In situations where autodetect is failing I sometimes use
threads=%NUMBER_OF_PROCESSORS%.

Jan