[FFmpeg-user] Incorrect Parameters for -vcodec copy / -acodec copy

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Fri Jul 20 15:35:07 CEST 2012

Matt Goble <mattgoble <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Apologies if this is really simple stuff - if someone can point me in the
> direction of examples that would be a great help.

I suspect your question is actually too complicated.

> ffmpeg
>  -i "T:INPUTmov"
>  -itsoffset 0.48 -i "T:\INPUT.mov"
>  -map 1:0 -vcodec copy
>  -map 0:1 -acodec copy
>  "T:\OUTPUT.mov"

(Why do you want to stream copy the contents of a file
into the same container? There should be no desync on playback,
or am I wrong?)

Am I correct that you first tried (approximately)
ffmpeg -i INPUT.mov OUTPUT.mov
and the result was out-of-sync?

Try -async 1 (this may not work with stream-copy)

Carl Eugen